noun, plural ol-o-gies
any science or branch of knowledge
Thanks to Green Moms Meet and Walgreen’s I got to test out some of their new Ology Free & Clear 2x Laundry Liquid Detergent (also available in Lavender Vanilla). As you might know I’m a little bit DIY and wickedly crazy about things being safe & natural. I currently make my own detergent (check out my Facebook post here) and this is the first time in over a year I’ve used something different! The timing couldn’t have been more perfect. We just had a family vacation to Cape Cod
And the day after returning we moved into our new apartment! While a new place to call home is exciting!!!, moving isn’t. (yes that is our unfinished floor, hole in the wall etc etc thankfully that has all been fixed. **insert sigh of relief here**)
But that’s a whole different post. Any-who…
The timing of the samples couldn’t have been better… I just ran out of my DIY powdered detergent and had some samples from the Ology line to use. New apartment, new washer/dryer.. LOTS of laundry.
It was great! It’s hard to admit but it works WAYYYYY better than my DIY stuff. The DIY stuff does the job, but this detergent WORKS. My boys are constantly in dirt and grass and this cleaned their clothes VERY well. No remnants, no stains, just clean clothes. Thanks Walgreen’s! (side note – after giving birth to my kids Walgreen’s was always my go-to place. I never went there for anything specific except peace, quiet and alone time!)
For those that might not be familiar with Walgreen’s Ology line:
- Ology detergent contains is natural. That means no dyes, artificial fragrances or phosphates.(phosphates in water sources have been known promote algae growth which in turn starves off oxygen and creates aquatic dead zones. NOT COOL!
- A 50 oz bottle of Ology Laundry detergent is $6.79. That’s 33 loads of laundry.. 21 cents per load!
- No animal testing and no animal by products. We love this because we love our furry friends!
- No harmful chemicals – ammonia, chlorine bleach, DEA, TEA, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, nonlyphenol ethoxylates, triclosan and SLS/SLES.
- The Ology brand is endorsed by Healthy Child Healthy World, an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children from harmful chemicals.
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet
program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the
manufacturer. As a Moms Meets blogger, I agreed to use this product
and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of